Why whitespace denotation of blocks doesn't work.

Toby J Sargeant tjs at cs.monash.edu.au
Wed Jun 21 01:53:38 EDT 2000

On Wed, Jun 21, 2000 at 05:34:09AM +0000, Courageous wrote:
> I just spent the last 45 minutes vainly searching the web,
> usenet, comp.editors, and the vim documentation for the
> command to do this. I must not know the magic word. Oh
> please, great Oz, enlighten me.

:set lcs=tab:»\
:set list

(note that there's a space on the end of the first line)

Unfortunately, I can't find a way to do the same thing in
emacs, display-table notwithstanding. There doesn't seem
to be a way to keep the variable size nature of a tab,
and still control the way in which it is displayed.

Toby.