simple thread problem

Aahz Maruch aahz at netcom.com
Mon Jun 19 10:42:01 EDT 2000

In article <394E2F9C.6BCD96B5 at iue.tuwien.ac.at>,
Markus Gritsch  <gritsch at iue.tuwien.ac.at> wrote:

>I started a very simple program to get familiar with Python threads.
>It works fine, except for some misterious messages which I get every
>time a thread exits:
>
>currentThread(): no current thread for xxxx

I'm not sure how to tell you to fix the problem in your current context;
instead, let me push you strongly to subclass threading.Thread() instead
of using the thread module.  I guarantee this will make your life a lot
simpler.  If you still have trouble, come back here and I'll show you
how to do your example using Thread().
--
                      --- Aahz (Copyright 2000 by aahz at netcom.com)

Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6

"The only problem with Microsoft is they just have no taste." --Steve Jobs
(From _Triumph of the Nerds_ PBS special)