Problems with pickler in comination with pygnome/pygtk

Shae Erisson shapr at uab.edu
Mon Jun 5 08:52:49 EDT 2000

Peter Mueller wrote:
<snip>
> The application code and the pickeled object are exacly the same for
> Redhat6.1/6.2
> And I can't leave out the pygnome stuff, because the app's gui is built
> upon this libs.
>
> Does anyone have an idea?

In py1.5.2 string.atof expects a string, such as '5000.0' or '5000' and
won't work without one. (at least, that's what my tests show)

Did you write the pickle with the same version of python that you're
using to read the pickle?
If that is true, try adding the 'save as binary' switch to the
pickle.dump command.
ex: dump(object,file,1)

I think one of those two might solve your problem, though neither of
them detect or fix the actual bug :)
--
sHae mAtijs eRisson (sHae at wEbwitchEs.coM) gEnius fOr hIre
   bRing mE fIve sQuirrels aNd nO oNe wIll gEt hUrt