Microsoft's C# (Sharp) & .NET -- A Heads Up

Tom tom-main at REMOVEME.home.com
Tue Jun 27 11:40:58 EDT 2000

This should not be ignored (as suggested above).

Python's ability to seamlessly use COM is valuable to many using Python on
Windows, and is a potential inducement to VB programmers to switch to
Python.

Now MS claims that the environment that C# targets will be language neutral.
If this is true, and if Python can be used to develop for this environment,
then this too will be valuable to a reasonable number of Python (or
potential Python) developers.

BTW, MS claims that they have already submitted C# to the European standards
body that Sun screwed over.  I assume that the catch is that they are not
submitting the associated run-time environment.  Does anybody know?

Tom.

news:qJ165.8938$nZ5.153196 at typhoon.southeast.rr.com...