Python complements C++ for productivity

Courageous jkraska1 at san.rr.com
Wed Jun 21 20:21:38 EDT 2000

> >I haven't seen any of these phrase books, but Python is just
> >soooo easy. There's really not much to it.
>
> The appalling thing is that I can't really see all that much that you
> gain for the added complexity.

You don't really.

In the early days of the STL, when the compilers wouldn't support
debugging through it, I refused to use it categorically. I used a
set of void* containers instead. They always worked like a charm
and did everything I wanted them to. Like python, it was almost
always hash/vector. I seldom had an application for anything else.

These days, having ventured into the simulation business, I do
make use of deques and priority queues, but still. That's not
a lot of containers.

C/