XML-code examples - mini-review of Python XML

Andrew Diller dillera at isc.upenn.edu
Wed Jun 28 00:03:27 EDT 2000

His book is out there! We got ours last week.

I like the book, but I also found it dissapointing. Most of it is an intro
into the Python language itself. What's left was mostly about his Pyxie and
PYX. I'm not sure why I'd want to learn PYX, when what I want is a solid
book on manipulating XML with python.

I didn't think I got that. I'm interested in learning about DOMs, SAX and
things that I'm reading and hearing about. PYX seems like a bizzare
off-shoot.

As for the into to Python part of the book (about 3/4 of it) that was a good
intro if you've never used python.

-andy diller

Andrew Diller       dillera at isc.upenn.edu
Information Systems & Computing