No strptime in Windows?

david_ullrich at my-deja.com david_ullrich at my-deja.com
Sat Jun 10 15:28:56 EDT 2000

    The docs say that time.strptime may not be available
on all platforms. It doesn't seem to be available under MS
Windows. I don't see why not - there's nothing Windological
about strptime but the same applies to the other time
functions that _are_ included.

    (I'm getting the time from somewhere on the internet.
What I get is something like "Sat Jun 10 18:34:10 2000"
and I have to subtract five hours. Ended up more or less
writing my own strptime, at least I _think_ I did...)

    Also: Is Monday really day 0? I woulda thought
Sunday was day 0. (Doesn't seem to matter in the
subtract-five-hours thing, I get the same results
either way. Evidently mktime() ignores the day-of-week
if it's inconsistent with the day-of-month field?)

DU.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.