Case-sensitivity: why -- or why not? (was Re: Damnation!)

William Tanksley wtanksle at dolphin.openprojects.net
Tue Jun 6 15:45:03 EDT 2000

On Mon, 05 Jun 2000 21:45:04 -0700, James Logajan wrote:
>William Tanksley wrote:
>> And for case sensitivity it _just doesn't matter_.  The only people who
>> are strongly helped or hurt by case sensitivity appear to be newbies, and
>> they're being hurt.

>Physically hurt? Emotionally hurt? Psychologically scarred?

You know, this is frustrating.

>After thousands of programmers have learned Python doesn't anyone find it
>strange that this issue should suddenly become THE hot issue that prevents
>Pythonic world domination? Is this a plot by Perl advocates?

I'm not the one that's claiming that removing case-sensitivity will ruin
Python.  My claim is very simple: first, it's a minor change for us to
make, and second, it helps newbies.

For some reason, there are a lot of people here who seem to believe that
case insensitivity is truly horrible, and would result in job loss.

--
-William "Billy" Tanksley