Palm Python?

Konrad Hinsen hinsen at cnrs-orleans.fr
Wed Jun 7 05:29:43 EDT 2000

Jason Petrone <jp at NOSPAMdemonseed.net> writes:

> I've found the Scheme implementation LispMe(http://www.lispme.de) to be
> usable onboard a palm.  It is very complete and has plenty of support for
> things such as graphics and sound.  However, as much as I hate typing all
> those parentheses in Scheme on a keyboard, it is 10x worse in graffiti.

In my experience LispMe is the best on-board development system as far
as system integration is concerned. The only drawback is that it's
Lisp! I'd prefer Forth as a language, but development with
QuartusForth is just too messy; every time you start the interpreter
you have to reload all your definitions. And of course I'd *really*
prefer Python...

Which brings me back to Palm Python. Would it be possible to borrow
some of the Palm interface code from LispMe, which recently became
Open Source? That could save time and lead to a more uniform API among
Palm languages.
Konrad Hinsen                            | E-Mail: hinsen at cnrs-orleans.fr