Solaris 2.6 Build Fails

Sara Fowler Sara.Fowler at usa.alcatel.com
Wed Jun 7 16:13:02 EDT 2000

I downloaded the source for the Python Interpreter from
http://www.python.org/download/download_source.html.  When trying to
build it on Solaris 2.6 (SunOS 5.6),
using gcc for Solaris 2.6, I get the following errors:

./posixmodule.c: In function `posix_listdir':
./posixmodule.c:944: `DIR' undeclared (first use in this function)
./posixmodule.c:944: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
./posixmodule.c:944: for each function it appears in.)
./posixmodule.c:944: `dirp' undeclared (first use in this function)
./posixmodule.c:945: parse error before `struct'
./posixmodule.c:958: `ep' undeclared (first use in this function)
make: *** [posixmodule.o] Error 1

Any ideas what the problem is?  Where is DIR defined?  I can't find it
in either the system include files or the source code I downloaded.

Thanks for the help!

Sara