Rude question about BeOpen.com

Nicholas Geovanis nickgeo at merle.acns.nwu.edu
Sun Jun 18 13:45:02 EDT 2000

On Thu, 15 Jun 2000, Thomas Wouters wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 14, 2000 at 05:47:15PM -0500, Nicholas Geovanis wrote:
> > How will the move of the Python crew to a commercial venture affect the
> > Computer Programming For Everybody (CP4E) project?
>
> Read the FAQ:
>
> Q. 7. What is happening to CP4E (Computer Programming for Everybody)?
>
> A. We love this project and are looking for industry sponsors to help us
>    expand this multi-disciplinary work to include educators and usability
>    experts. Contact sponsor at beopen.com if you are interested.
>
> (http://www.pythonlabs.com/faq.html)

OK, but that doesn't answer my question.
It seems then that the attempt to obtain US government funding for CP4E
has been abandoned, and therefore that there is no upcoming funding
decision to be made (possibly could have elicited an answer of "no" from
them). True or false?

I need to know because I need to forward the information to a local
school.

V n-geovanis at nwu.edu         - "Davis's Law" (Tom Davis, SGI)