Serial port IO Python module?

Mark Hammond MarkH at ActiveState.com
Sun Jun 25 02:37:22 EDT 2000

"Matthew Miller" <matthewm at zebrasoft.co.nz> wrote in message
news:39554DD6.C9B45E88 at zebrasoft.co.nz...

> OK, OK, so I should have checked the ng before posting. the sio-151 is a
> pretty good fit for what's needed. Out of interest though, anything else
> out there?

Another alternative is to use a COM object that provides serial port
access - Pythonwin contains a demo of such an object.

Also, I only recently posted that Active State sponsored the completion of
the win32file module (completion WRT serial IO, anyway:), but they havent
yet been released as binaries.    So quite soon, or right-now if you work
from CVS sources, you will have complete access to the "low-level" win32
API for serial IO.

Mark.