Does Python help with the no-Unix handicap?

Aahz Maruch aahz at netcom.com
Thu Jun 15 08:59:56 EDT 2000

In article <8iagu3$ici$1 at newshost.accu.uu.nl>,
Martijn Faassen <m.faassen at vet.uu.nl> wrote:
>Garry Hodgson <garry at sage.att.com> wrote:
>> Aahz Maruch wrote:
>>>
>>> Like Grant, I've been using Unix about fifteen years, and I find Perl
>>> bizarre and difficult.
>>
>> after reading several responses like this, i wonder if perl
>> is particularly irritating to old timers.
>
>I'm definitely not an old timer and it's frustrating to me too.
>(Gordon McMillan makes comments like "Even Martijn knows it, and he's
>young" :)

If you recall the age-of-FORTRAN-use discussion, I'm on the youngish
side for comp.lang.python, myself, though I expect I'm slowly creeping
up on the average.  ;-)

Say, whatever happened to Gerrit, anyway?
--
                      --- Aahz (Copyright 2000 by aahz at netcom.com)

Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6

"real love can't be explained by simplistic platitudes."  --piranha