How to prevent a web client from timing out

aiglauer aiglauer at iname.com
Mon Jun 5 11:07:33 EDT 2000

Not a purely python question, but.....

I have written a number-crunching app in python. which is being
accessed on our intranet.  All pages generated on-the-fly in python.
Some of the calculations can take a while though (calc time anything
from 5secs to 30 minutes) and I get the client timing out and the
server will then kill the calculation process.

Can I rig it so that the calculation process will still complete and
write its output to a file so that I can use it later?  (Writing to a
file is not a prob - preventing the thing getting slapped is).

Thanks
Alexis

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.