What is Python3000??

Martijn Faassen m.faassen at vet.uu.nl
Wed Jun 7 20:03:01 EDT 2000

Aahz Maruch <aahz at netcom.com> wrote:
> In article <393e426f.77267284 at news.online.no>,
> Thomas Weholt <thomas at cintra.no> wrote:
>>
>>I want to know more about Python3000. How is it going to be different
>>from Python as we know it? More features, new syntax ??

> Nobody -- repeat, NOBODY -- has the answers to these questions.  Py3K is
> a codename for a project THAT HAS NOT YET STARTED.  Py3K is predicated
> to a certain extent -- to what extent, NOBODY KNOWS -- on the Fred
> Brooks maxim, "Build one to throw away."

And it'll be case-insensitive! Hope not. Let the arguments begin! And it'll
have optional type declarations. Hope so. It may even have use '->' in
its syntax to support this. Hope for better syntax. Oh, and it'll use more
intuitive constructs instead of 'and' and 'or'. :) (not!)

<ob flame dousers>
Haskell.
Old TTYs.
Evolution theory.