tkinter/windows/starting html

Peter Schneider-Kamp petersc at stud.ntnu.no
Wed Jun 14 07:29:24 EDT 2000

I am writing a start menu for a "multimedia" CD which contains
a lot of .htm and .jpg files.

To execute the index.htm in the main directory I use.

cmd = ["start","index.htm"]
os.execpv(cmd[0],cmd)

This runs fine except when I use it together with tkinter.
I assign self.view_content to a button.

def view_content(self):
    cmd = ["start","index.htm"]
    os.execpv(cmd[0],cmd)

This works fine except that after starting my browser
the menu does not work anymore. Even when I close the
browser the menu is dead and cannot even be killed.

I am using win98 and the pythonware 1.5.2 distribution.

Can I use some other construct? What am I doing wrong?

rebooting-the-computer-very-confused-ly y'rs Peter
--
Peter Schneider-Kamp          ++47-7388-7331
Herman Krags veg 51-11        mailto:peter at schneider-kamp.de
N-7050 Trondheim              http://schneider-kamp.de