debugger (pdb)

sameerc1 at my-deja.com sameerc1 at my-deja.com
Wed Jun 28 16:08:04 EDT 2000

I have looked at the official python debugger tutorial, (
http://www.python.org/doc/current/lib/module-pdb.html),
and it leaves much to be desired, maybe because I haven't worked very
much with debuggers in general.  Anyway, I have a few classes, and I
want to be able to invoke the debugger, tell it to create an instance of
a class, set variables for the instance and see the values of the
instance variables at certain (b)reakpoints.  I also want to be able to
(s)tep through a particular method of the instance, and query the values
being modified by the method.  After looking at the python debugger
documentation, I understand what operations I can perform through the
debugger, but cannot seem to get it to work in practice.  I guess what I
may be looking for are examples of the python debugger being used to
create and query instances from classes.  I have looked on google, and
the python site, and there isn't much info available on the subject.
Any suggestions?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.