Why whitespace denotation of blocks doesn't work.

Neil Hodgson neilh at scintilla.org
Sun Jun 18 21:37:18 EDT 2000

> I saw a screenshot once of a vim session that used the » (ascii 0273)
> character to display tabs. It was actually very visually appealing, and I
was
> a little annoyed when I failed to get emacs to do the same thing.

   That's also how Visual C++ does it. One problem with this in VC++ is that
if you choose fonts with very thin space characters, the » may not fit into
the tab space so the text is moved. I wanted the text to appear in exactly
the same positions with whitespace visible or invisible so didn't
implement ». It could be an option for people who prefer this.

   Neil