Why whitespace denotation of blocks doesn't work.

Steve Lamb morpheus at despair.rpglink.com
Thu Jun 22 14:00:11 EDT 2000

On Wed, 21 Jun 2000 06:19:30 -0700, Ken Seehof <kens at sightreader.com> wrote:
>if (x)
>    if (z)
>        do_something();
>else
>{
>     do_something_completely_different();
>}

    Just the be that guy that always points out proble with examples the
problem here isn't bad indention, the problem is not using braces explicitely.
Just because you /can/ shortcut the if statement in C doesn't mean that you
should, IMHO.  IF, to me, is always if{}, even if that if has a single
statement after it.  Kinda like how I always put parens around everything in
perl even though they aren't needed because you never know what is going to
grow from your code.

    With that said, I can see your point in the abstract.  ;)