PowerPoint slide presentation (Math + Python)

Kirby Urner urner at alumni.princeton.edu
Fri Jun 30 20:29:48 EDT 2000

Greetings educators, Python programmers --

For those of you with PowerPoint and/or the requisite browser
plug-ins, I've tossed a slide show on the web at:

ftp://ftp.teleport.com/pub/users/pdx4d/images/synergeo.ppt

This is my standard 'Beyond Flatland' curriculum, wherein
I mix spatial geometry, virtual worlds, computer programming
(these days Python), and synergetics.

Given this is just an outline of a talk, there's not a
lot of discussion (few words).  To present this material
effectively, you'd need to study the background readings
e.g. http://www.inetarena.com/~pdx4d/ocn/cp4e.html (see
'Numeracy + Computer Literacy' series).

Uses some of those special effects PowerPoint is all about.
Apologies if this is distracting, but the business culture
in which I operate kinda likes these bells and whistles.

Feedback welcome.

Kirby
4D Solutions
Portland, Oregon
http://www.teleport.com/~pdx4d/

PS:  use mouse clicks to get text bullets to appear,
and to move from slide to slide (11 slides in all).

PPS:  also notified educators at
http://mathforum.com/epigone/math.teaching.technology
of this free download