SystemError: bad argument to internal function

Fred Gansevles gansevle at cs.utwente.nl
Wed Jun 28 07:01:20 EDT 2000

 Hi,

sometimes, not reproducable, I get a

    SystemError: bad argument to internal function

The location of the error varies and most of the time it doesn't occur.
The only thing common to all occurences of the SystemError is that it
happens whet I call 'tree.get(name)' (see below)

Can anybody help me with this?
The app is a rather critical app, so I'm worried about this.

here is the latest traceback.

Traceback (innermost last):
  File "E:\SAMBA\session1.py", line 105, in main
    logon (user, server)
  File "E:\SAMBA\session1.py", line 53, in logon
    sess.start (status)
  File "E:\SAMBA\smb\profile.py", line 1346, in start
    dir.dump ()
  File "E:\SAMBA\smb\profile.py", line 127, in dump
    self._dump (self.__data, self.__path)
  File "E:\SAMBA\smb\profile.py", line 1060, in _dump
    value, src = tree.get (name)
SystemError: bad argument to internal function

----          Linux/Windows-NT/IntraNetware Administrator          ----
-- Whenever it sounds simple, I've probably missed something! ... Me --