Using python (or Tcl) on the web

Cameron Laird claird at starbase.neosoft.com
Thu Jun 1 10:18:45 EDT 2000

In article <gCjZ4.155377$681.2810806 at news-east.usenetserver.com>,
J.M. Ivler <ivler at basecamp1.netquest.net> wrote:
>In comp.infosystems.www.misc Cary O'Brien <cobrien at radix.net> wrote:
>> Well, they've got mod_dtcl and aolserver.
>
>Excellent products both. There is also cgi.tcl, another excellent piece of
>tcl support.
>
>> Look, this is mature technology. Can't everyone just get along?
>
>We do. I hope. I was just pulling CL's leg. :-)
>
>> (Plus you forgot embedded perl - embperl).
>
>Hey, don't let the book get you thinking I do Perl, that was a demand by
>PTR/PH. They also wanted fastCGI, but I talked them out of that. :-)
>
>jmi

... and for those trying to keep score, this thread
has actually only touched on about half the script-
ing-savvy Web servers for these languages.  Notice
no one has yet mentioned NeoWebScript, Velocigen,
tclhttpd, YAWP, PMZ, Zebra, ...

My compliments to JM for standing up to PH; the book
does its job well without the complication fastCGI
would represent.
--

Cameron Laird <claird at NeoSoft.com>
Business:  http://www.Phaseit.net