ANNOUNCEMENT: The PythonWare py152 distribution (june 5, 2000)

PythonWare info at pythonware.com
Tue Jun 13 11:23:39 EDT 2000

Anders M Eriksson wrote:

> > >    The PythonWare py152 distribution is a small and self-contained
> > >    Python distribution for Windows.  This kit includes Python 1.5.2,
> > >    Tkinter/Tk 8.2.3, PIL 1.0, PST, and other useful extensions.
> > >

> > It's a pity that this packages doesn't work on Windows NT!
>
> > First there is an error in the installation that causes it to be
> > aborted. Welcome.py refers to TCL8.1/TK8.1 but in the package you have
> > 8.2.3

This buglet has been fixed, but it looks like the correct version didn't
make it from the staging area...  fixed! (the fixed version is 1,633,504
bytes; the original release was a few bytes smaller).

(It doesn't really affect the installation itself, though.  All you're
missing is the final splash screen...)

> > Second: It will not register Python in the registry. which then causes
> > win32_all not to install.

It's done this way on purpose -- lots of people (including us) like to
be able to install things without messing up the registry.

But maybe we could add a "add me to registry" button to the final
screen...  maybe in the 1.6 release?

> I have tried to contact Pythonware but all mail bounces...

Temporary technical problems (we installed new servers over the
weekend).  Everything should be up and running again.

regards,
the pythonware crew