GTK breaks float! (related to "float does not parse 0.00000E+00")

Michael Hudson mwh21 at cam.ac.uk
Tue Jun 6 11:32:40 EDT 2000

Peter Mueller <pmueller at decrc.abb.de> writes:

> Hi,
>
> it looks like that I have the same problem. I use the pickler. When
> I import gtk/pygnome modules, the pickler can't read my pickled
> object (containing floats) anymore.
> This behaviour is new since redhat 6.2. On redhat 6.1 the same code
> with the same pickled object works without any problem. The python
> versions on both redhat 6.1/6.2 are the same. There must be a
> difference one of the modules.

Hmm, odd.  I can't get it to break here, on what was once a Redhat 6.1
box, but I've upgraded almost everything except libc. What versions
of python, gtk+, pygtk, pygnome and glibc are you running?

I have:

[mwh21 at atrus cricapplet]$ rpm -q gtk+ pygtk pygnome glibc
gtk+-1.2.7-1_helix_1
pygtk-0.6.3-1
pygnome-1.0.50-1
glibc-2.1.2-11

and python's from CVS just before the unicode landed (so, a couple
months back).

My money's on so bizzarre interaction with libc, myself.

Cheers,
Michael

--
  Of the four project development variables - scope, cost, time and
  quality - quality isn't really a free variable.  The only possible