Why can't I restore my redirected stdout?

Raymond Ng Tong Leng think2 at pd.jaring.my
Thu Jun 8 15:44:57 EDT 2000

Remco Gerlich wrote in message ...

>I just typed this in, and it worked fine! Something else must be happening.
>Are you in idle or so? Does it work inside a normal python interpreter?
>What's your platform?

Yes, I was using IDLE 0.4 with Python 1.5.2 on Win NT. When I tried it
inside a normal Python interpreter like you suggested, it worked fine. I
hope Guido fixed this bug... sorry, improved on this feature :) in the
latest version of IDLE.

>Seems to me your solution is the easiest way to get a cross platform null
>device, but maybe there's something like it in the library already, I don't
>know.

Tried looking in the documentation but couldn't find any reference to a null
device.