math.exp underflow (was: exp behaviour: is it a bug ?)

Konrad Hinsen hinsen at cnrs-orleans.fr
Wed Jun 7 05:33:45 EDT 2000

Charles G Waldman <cgw at fnal.gov> writes:

> On the one hand, Python's behavior makes sense because it simply
> reflects the behavior of the system math libraries.  On the other

I'd prefer a portable solution to one that reflects the system math
library. I had the same problem under AIX, and I solved it by patching
Python. I just wonder if someone has the patience to work out a
patch that would create the same behaviour independently of what the
math library does. Not me, unfortunately...
Konrad Hinsen                            | E-Mail: hinsen at cnrs-orleans.fr