Aspect-oriented Python?

Cees de Groot cg at gaia.cdg.acriter.nl
Thu Jun 29 15:29:05 EDT 2000

I've been reading on aspect-oriented programming a bit, and it sounds really
interesting. A Java implementation, AspectJ (www.aspectj.org) looks promising,
but has the drawback that it only supports static weaving (wouldn't know
how to do dynamic weaving with Java, so it's not a big surprise).

With Python, experimenting with aspect-oriented stuff would probably be
way easier, because it is easy enough to replace class methods etcetera. I've
tried Google, but didn't find anything. Is someone busy with aspect-oriented
programming for Python?

--
Cees de Groot               http://www.cdegroot.com     <cg at cdegroot.com>
Forge your CipherSaber and list it: http://www.xs4all.nl/~cg/ciphersaber/