tkinter vs. Perl/Tk

Paul Magwene paul.magwene at yale.edu
Thu Jun 15 14:39:27 EDT 2000

Paul Wilkinson wrote:

> How does tkinter compare to Perl's implementation of Tk?  I'm a little
> frustrated with Perl/Tk - I have strange focus problems that I've never
> managed to tackle.  I never did manage to find any decent Perl/Tk
> documentation.  Will I be happier with Python?

I like Tkinter (Pythons interface to Tk) a lot.  And if you're looking
for good documentation than you're in luck - check out John Grayson's
book "Python and Tkinter Programming" -- highly recommended!

Paul Magwene			Postdoctoral Fellow
paul.magwene at yale.edu		Dept. of Ecology & Evolutionary Bio.
				Yale University