Options database (was: Define & Include?)

Cameron Laird claird at starbase.neosoft.com
Mon Jun 19 08:35:27 EDT 2000

In article <8ikot4$ki$0 at 216.39.170.247>, Dave LeBlanc <whisper at oz.net> wrote:
			.
>The option database mechanism might also be the 'tcl way', but aside
>from reading about it in Welsh's book, i've not used them.
			.
			.
			.
It's worse than that--all we've seen in *any* of the books
is a paragraph, or a page, or, in the case of Chris Nelson's
book, three pages of reference material and a few examples
(which is, of course, exactly on-target for Chris's format).
This bothered Allen Flick; he knows the options database can
be more useful than is obvious from these dry descriptions.

So credit Allen with doing something about it.  We're in the
middle <URL:http://www.regularexpressions.com/#options>
now of a series on the options database that we intend as
useful to *all* Tk programmers, whether they happen to be
using the Perl, Python, Ruby, Tcl, ... binding.  This is a
good time, by the way, for comments and questions folks would
like to see addressed before we wrap up the series.

I've narrowed follow-ups a bit.  Adjust as appropriate.
--

Cameron Laird <claird at NeoSoft.com>
Business:  http://www.Phaseit.net