Installer and COM client

calishar at my-deja.com calishar at my-deja.com
Fri Jan 21 16:43:03 EST 2000

Hello again folks,

  Well, I seem to keep running into odd little things, this one is a
real puzzler though, and I'm hoping someone can help me out.

  I have created a script which opens an Excel workbook, reads
information off one of the sheets, and exports it to a different file
(and filetype). As long as it is a script, it's fine...but (you knew it
was coming) my client doesn't want to have to install python on all
their systems, so I am trying to compile it.

  Now it is crashing as soon as it has to convert on of the numbers
into a float. I have added in a line to print out the variable, and its
type, under python I get the following

673 <type 'string'>

when I run the version generated by installer (using simple) I get

<PyUnicode: '673'> <type 'PyUnicode'>

Why is it suddenly turning things into PyUnicode? How can I pull things
out of PyUnicode? Should I stop what I am doing and look at totally
different things to do?

Calishar

P.s.  As always, thanks in advance for any help on this

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.