Python not a Very High-Level Language?

Aahz Maruch aahz at netcom.com
Sat Jan 1 16:56:00 EST 2000

In article <000001bf54a1$805e6140$c52d153f at tim>,
Tim Peters <tim_one at email.msn.com> wrote:

>Combine that with generators and list comprehensions, and you'd be amazed at
>what you can accomplish in three lines of code.  Indeed, it may take you
>three weeks to figure out what three lines of code do <0.9 wink>.

Yup.  That's what I think is fundamentally wrong about such
functionality rants.  From my POV, the way to productivity lies with
simple expression of complex ideas, not ways of creating complex
expressions.  Unless one is working alone or can enforce training,
complex idioms detract from productivity.
--
                      --- Aahz (@netcom.com)

Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6

TEOTWAWKI -- today!