XML-RPC Server

Samuel A. Falvo II kc5tja at garnet.armored.net
Tue Jan 11 18:04:03 EST 2000

>I know it should be hard to do, someone must have done it.
>Just a couple of simple objects answering towards XML-RPC requests.

In fact, it's insanely hard to do.  I can't tell you the tears I had to go
through just to download the dang thing.  ;-)

Look for the "xmlrpclib" package for Python.  You can get to it through the
www.xmlrpc.com website.  That package includes the client software as well
as two types of servers: one for Medusa, and one for the out-of-the-box
SocketServer package.  It takes a little bit to get used to, but not much --
you can have a fully functional XML RPC server set up in minutes.

>And I also appreciate and update on SOAP client and server python
>implementation efforts.

Indeed -- I too would like more information on this.  I checked out
www.develop.com, since they seem to be the biggest mover and shaker in the
SOAP world, but I haven't found anything just yet.  Maybe I'm just not
looking in the right areas?

--
KC5TJA/6, DM13, QRP-L #1447
Samuel A. Falvo II