Python seems to be growing fast.

Robert Kern kern at caltech.edu
Sun Jan 23 16:50:38 EST 2000

In article <01bf65e9$6e2d2160$c9dc343e at dreadzone>,
	"Dirk Heise" <dheise at debitel.net> writes:
> I mean, the Windows download exe does -
> from 2.3 MByte in 1.5.1 to 5MByte in 1.5.2.
> Having a slow connection here at home,
> this annoys me a little. Can a 0.0.1
> version difference really explain such a
> large difference?

It was the decision to also include the TCL/TK installer that
increased the file size.  The major justification for it (that I can
recall) was that newbies who wanted to use IDLE would be perplexed if
TCL/TK wasn't installed along with Python.

> Dirk

Robert Kern
kern at caltech.edu