How to handle and create cookie with python??

Oleg Broytmann phd at phd.russ.ru
Mon Jan 3 05:44:41 EST 2000

On Mon, 3 Jan 2000, Akhar wrote:
> I would like to know how can I create cookies and use them for various cgi

   Using module Cookie.py. It is not in the standard distribution - just search
it through python.org. It is very nice python-style module!

> with python? Will python be fast enough for  a busy web site? Will it scale
> properly?

   There are many way to speed things up. You can rewrite critical parts in
C; or better yet, reorganize your site to serve static files and recreate
these files from cron every few minutes. For really dynamic sites to speed
things up you need to try PyApache or httpdapy - builtin apache modules.
You can try also PersistentCGI.

Oleg.
----
    Oleg Broytmann      Foundation for Effective Policies      phd at phd.russ.ru