Python & Apache

Ivan Van Laningham ivanlan at callware.com
Tue Jan 4 17:22:25 EST 2000

Hi All, Paul--

"Paul E. Bible" wrote:

> Has anyone had any success getting Python CGI scripts to run under the
> following configuration?
>
> OS:                Windows/NT
> Web Server:   Apache 1.3.9
> Python:           v1.5.2

Sure.  That's exactly what my webserver uses.  All the tools are written
in Python:

	http://www.pauahtun.org/tools.html

I think there's a few leftover dregs of perl on the system, but I
*never* use it.

The biggest gotcha is that the Python scripts *must* start with

	#!c:\Python\python.exe

(or wherever Python actually lives). You can't use

	#!/usr/local/bin/python

because Apache won't find it, even if the path exists on Apache's
drive--it insists on the driveletter and the backslashes.  I think, but
am not certain, that it pukes on spaces in that path, too.

I made no other changes to accomodate NT.  I'm using NT4 with Service
Pack 5.  I've heard bad things about SP6.

Anything else?

<too-wrapped-up-in-base-20-to-be-funny>-ly y'rs,
Ivan
Ivan Van Laningham
Callware Technologies, Inc.
ivanlan at callware.com
ivanlan at home.com
http://www.pauahtun.org
See also:
Army Signal Corps:  Cu Chi, Class of '70
Author:  Teach Yourself Python in 24 Hours