Interesting article on programming languages

Alexander Williams thantos at chancel.org
Wed Jan 26 18:15:05 EST 2000

Personally, I found Sweeny's article to be interesting in content but,
in the end analysis, blind to the facts.  Interestingly, he discards
the entire class of functional programming languages within the first
two paragraphs, then summarises his article with the 'needed
facilities' the industry will need in the next decade ... which,
perversely enough, /already exist and have been used successfully for
years/ in the first group of languages he threw out.

I'm tempted to create a new term: Ivory Tower Commercialia, meaning
the tendency for Corp programmers to believe /everything/ must be like
Java to be worthwhile ...

--
Alexander Williams (thantos at gw.total-web.net)           | In the End,
  "Join the secret struggle for the soul of the world." | Oblivion