Whitespace delimiters suck - Seen Occam?

Richard Brodie R.Brodie at rl.ac.uk
Tue Jan 25 06:38:41 EST 2000

"Andrew Henshaw" <andrew.henshaw at gtri.gatech.edu> wrote in message
news:388C760A.1E66C20 at gtri.gatech.edu...

> That's interesting.  Everyone here, who has used it for any
> reasonably-sized project, has really liked it.  I've seen opposition
> from programmer's who try it for a day and then immediately
> abandon it, however.

You are probably right, in that the projects were relatively small,
and programmers didn't stick to it for long enough.

> Have you tried the Windows version of Origami from Elcom (it adds several
> niceties, but the default color scheme is horrible)?

Windows? Colours? Linux? We stopped using Occam in about '92,
so the state of the art might have improved since then ;) I can see
a folding editor would be better if you had a GUI to drive it from.