Tkinter, threads, mainloops, etc

Harald Hanche-Olsen hanche at math.ntnu.no
Sun Jan 23 20:32:03 EST 2000

I am following up to my own posting here, since everybody else is
probably at the python conference anyway, and/or getting drunk at the
bar.  Some reckless experimentation shows that, indeed, I can do
graphs in Tkinter without ever calling any mainloop method - however,
I have to throw in the occasional call to an update method, or nothing
is updated until I get the command prompt back.

I'll most likely be doing this live in a seminar in a couple of weeks,
so if there are any gotchas I'd like to know about them before it's
too late.

I'll-probably-stumble-across-them-while-fumbling-in-the-dark-ly y'rs,
- "There arises from a bad and unapt formation of words
   a wonderful obstruction to the mind."  - Francis Bacon