Wanted: A python icon for X11

Laurence Tratt tratt at dcs.kcl.ac.uk
Wed Jan 26 09:10:39 EST 2000

Harald Hanche-Olsen wrote:

> Would anybody perhaps have some pixmap lying about that might be (or
> become) a suitable icon for IDLE windows under X11?  A picture of a
> python (the snake) perhaps, or of a can of spam, or something like
> that?  Right now, I only have the generic X icon, and that is of
> course intolerable.

When I ported Python to RISC OS, I got Mark Hammonds permission and pinched
the bitmap from the Windows port and did a bit of editing to get it to suit
the necessary dimensional requirements. It's really rather nice, and at some
point I did convert it to a gif so I could use it with WindowMaker under
X... I can't remember what I did with it, but it does work and fit's in OK.
It would be good to see a cross platform Python icon and I reckon this is as
good a choice as any :)

> a-portrait-of-John-Cleese-might-also-do-nicely-ly y'rs

in-or-out-of-the-psychiatrists-couch?-ly y'rs - Laurie
--
http://eh.org/~laurie/comp/acorn/ropython/ for RISC OS Python