vi and python?

Mike Steed MSteed at altiris.com
Tue Jan 25 18:36:03 EST 2000

Nothing too fancy, but here are the settings I have accumulated for *.py
files.  The ^H and ^M are actually literal control characters.

" indentation
set shiftwidth=4 softtabstop=4 tabstop=8 noexpandtabs
set nocindent smartindent
set cinwords=if,else,elif,for,while,def,class,try,except,finally
set formatoptions=croq2

" disable dedent when '#' is hit
inoremap # X^H#

" python versions of [[ and ]]