Python Rocks! - get rid of colons

Ivan Van Laningham ivanlan at callware.com
Thu Jan 20 15:49:11 EST 2000

Hello all--

tye4 wrote:

> I have Python installed on Linux Redhat 6.0. Does anyone know where the
> source code for the compiler is located (any .tar file?). I intend to modify
> the language's syntax to add
> 'end' delimiters for the blocks.
> And since Python is copyrighted, I don't intend to flood out versions to
> anyone else... strictly for personal use.

RTFM:  http://www.python.org

If you had bothered to use Python, you would already know that it is not
a compiler but an interpreter.

If you had bothered to read the copyright notice, you would have learned
something.  It allows you to do any gross disgusting thing you want with
your copy of Python, including modify it and sell it.  I encourage you
to sell the results of your experimentation.  If you ask a high price of
those hundreds or thousands of programmers out there clamoring for it,
you will be able to retire, or at the very least branch off and form
your own newsgroup.

However, I should remind you again.  Shit is not Python.

> class TestNew
>
>     def foo(s):
>         for i in range(0, 10):
>             print i,
>         end loop
>
>         if i == 10:
>             print 'internal error'
>         end if
>
>         while i < 10:
>             print i
>         end loop
>     end def
>
> end class
>
> My end delimiters are inspired by Ada, which in my personal opinion has best
> overall syntax.

<so-use-ada>-ly y'rs,
Ivan
Ivan Van Laningham
Callware Technologies, Inc.
ivanlan at callware.com
ivanlan at home.com
http://www.pauahtun.org
See also:
Army Signal Corps:  Cu Chi, Class of '70
Author:  Teach Yourself Python in 24 Hours