Python online docs are great!

Timothy Grant tjg at avalongroup.net
Sat Jan 22 21:57:27 EST 2000

> >I just want to compliment GvR on the Python online documentation files.
> >They are amazingly well done. They are without a doubt the best online
> >documentation I've used for anything, anywhere, ever.  Often online
> >documentation has been chopped up into pages that are way too small,
> >and there's no useful index or navigation aids.  The result is you
> >spend all your time thrashing around because the needed information
> >is spread over a half-dozen different pages.  I've found the Python
> >documents very well organized, comprehensive, and easy to use.
>
> Fred Drake deserves much of the credit here. I can say from personal
> experience that the docs have improved greatly over just the last year.

I started using Python four years ago or so, Bought the Python
Programming book which I have this amazing hate/love relationship with,
but most of what I learned as a newbie was from those excellent on-line
docs, and yes the improvements over the last year have made them even
better.

However, I'm still thankful for David Beazley's new book, it's easier to
read in the bathtub.

--
Stand Fast,
    tjg.

Chief Technology Officer              tjg at exceptionalminds.com
Red Hat Certified Engineer            www.exceptionalminds.com
Avalon Technology Group, Inc.                   (503) 246-3630