PythonWin and Dialogs in DLLs

Robert soundhack at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 17 17:52:04 EST 2000

Hi all,
    After getting bored creating dialogs by making dialog templates
programmatically,
I would instead like to use VC++'s dialog editor to format the dialog.
Looking at the dialog.Dialog class in PythonWin, apparently
it accepts a DLL filename to get resource information.

   My question is this: How can I make this DLL that contains
only the dialog resource? Using the appwizards to make a DLL
project, I either get a big DLL file (which works, but it has DLLMain() and
run time libraries linked in that i dont really need) or an error linking,
saying there is an unresolved external
reference _DllMainCRTStartup. The ideal situation would be just
to save the resource file and have pythonwin read that, but if i
have to use DLLs, I would like to keep unnecessary runtime stuff out of it.

Thanks in advance,
Robert