A modest proposal

Quinn Dunkan quinn at amatho.ugcs.caltech.edu
Thu Jan 20 17:01:30 EST 2000

On Thu, 20 Jan 2000 17:32:24 GMT, Will Ware <wware at world.std.com> wrote:
>Paul M (paul.magwene at yale.edu) wrote:
>: Dear Pythoneers...
>
>A great evil has been perpetuated in the design of the Python
>language. It grieves me to be the one to bring this to the world's
>attention but it must not continue to go unacknowledged. Persons of
>right indentation have once again been marginalized and excluded
>because _every_editor_ever_written_ indents from the LEFT SIDE OF THE
>PAGE.

In vim:
:set rl

I'm sure any editor which supports hebrew, arabic, and like will have no
problem, provided you've compiled it with support.  I admit, however, this
still doesn't fix python (mis) behaviour.  While one could use your script as
an automatic preprocessor, it would be much more user-friendly to just make
right-to-left the python default.

And it should print Content-type before every script, to make it suitable for
CGI.