Python Rocks!

William Tanksley wtanksle at hawking.armored.net
Fri Jan 21 22:19:18 EST 2000

On Thu, 20 Jan 2000 21:37:28 -0800, Jim Richardson wrote:
>On 20 Jan 2000 04:58:00 GMT,
> William Tanksley, in the persona of <wtanksle at hawking.armored.net>,
> brought forth the following words...:

>>indentation.  So what?  Python uses assignment.  ML doesn't.  Does that
>>mean ML is bad and Python is good, or is it the other way around?

>what does ML do then? this has me puzzled...

In ML (and in many other programming languages) all object are immutable
-- once you create them you can't change them.  This includes variables
and function parameters.

Instead of changing variables, though, you can easily create new ones with
the same name as the old one.

--
-William "Billy" Tanksley, in hoc signo hack