Python and MapObjects (Was: Python and ArcView GIS)

Bernhard Reiter breiter at usf.Uni-Osnabrueck.DE
Fri Jan 14 05:43:09 EST 2000

In article <85l4p2$s4h$1 at newsie2.cent.net>,
	"Norman Vine" <nhv at cape.com> writes:
> Bernhard Reiter wrote

>> > http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/
>> Mapserver still has to clarify its license (though they are aiming
>> towards BSD style, AFAIK.)

> Here is the license from the current mapserver distribution
> seems to be Python compatable to me

> Copyright (c) 1996-1999 Regents of the University of Minnesota.
>
> Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person
> obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation
> files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without
> restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy,
> modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies

Yes, you are right this is in the README of the
MapServer 3.3.003 (beta version). It must have been released a
couple of days ago. Thanks for pointing it out, we will adapt the
freegis.org pages.

	Bernhard

--
Free Software Projects and Consulting 		         (intevation.net)