Zope: how to search for files?

Bill Scherer scherbi at bam.com
Tue Jan 4 07:50:07 EST 2000

Generally, this question would be better asked on a Zope mailing list.
However, ZCatalog  should be able help you.  If you're using a recent
version of Zope, you already have it.  See the ZCatalog tutorial:

http://www.zope.org/Documentation/How-To/ZCatalogTutorial

Another possibility for you:
You can loop through the contents of a folder with code like the
following:

<dtml-in "(foldername).objectValues(['Folder', 'DTML Document'])">
  <li><a href="<dtml-var id>"><dtml-var title></a>
</dtml-in>

replace (foldername) with the name of your folder.  In the list argument
passed to objectValues, list the types of objects you're interested in.

One of these methods should be able to help.

Good luck,

Bill