Python and ASP

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at gssec.bt.co.uk
Wed Jan 5 09:14:34 EST 2000

Mark Hammond wrote:
> No - you can do Python in ASP.

Care to elaborate?

> Not really.  Python programs running under ASP make extensive use of the ASP
> object model, and hence won't work outside an ASP environment.

Again, how is that done? Any Web pages you can reference?
I don't see any ASP references on python.org

> Just like
> VBScript or JScript code designed for ASP wont work outside of ASP.

On a (tangentially) related theme has anyone written whatever
plumbing is needed to make python work under
Windows Scripting Host? MS do VBscript and JScript and
mention a Perl version available for download.
Is there a Python one?
I know the pythonwin extensions render it semi redundant
but it would be nice to keep up with the Jones :-)

> including those sent to mailing lists).  4 spams per week, and I have been
> using a unprotected email address on Usenet for years and years.  What
> exactly are you afraid of?

Maybe the 7 or 8 spans I get per _day_... and thats after
filtering which catches another 3 or 4!

But OTOH, I still don't protect my mail coz I find them such
a pain. I just don't reply to protected addresses!

Alan G.