Tkinter hangs again under Windows

Hans-Joachim Widmaier hjwidmai at foxboro.com
Wed Jan 19 00:45:23 EST 2000

Niels Diepeveen wrote:

> This seems to be the problem. If you show any dialogs before entering
> mainloop, you won't receive events anymore.

Apparently this is the case. Is this a (known?) bug or just an undocumented
feature, or is it even documented? The problem seems to only exist under
Windows.

Thanks a lot. I'll find a way around it, probably a self.after() that
shows the dialogue shortly after entering the mainloop.

Hans-Joachim Widmaier         E-Mail:  hjwidmai at foxboro.com
Foxboro Eckardt GmbH          Telefon: +49 711 502 - 397
Pragstrasse 82                Fax:     +49 711 502 - 300
D-70376 Stuttgart