Python is much faster than Java?

Paul Prescod paul at prescod.net
Mon Jan 10 15:40:42 EST 2000

Java and Python implementations vary widely so it is probably not useful
to say that one is always faster than the other. Presuming you used
CPython, the big variable is probably the JVM you used for Java. I would
expect some to be much faster than CPython and some to be much slower.

When I'm gone, boxing will be nothing again.  The fans with the cigars
and the hats turned down'll be there, but no more housewives and
little men in the street and foreign presidents.  .... I was the
onliest boxer in history people asked questions like a senator.
            -- Muhammad Ali